Carrot BLT Bagel Sandwiches
Carrot Bacon Ingredients:
- 3 large carrots, orange or purple
- 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil (like safflower)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp smoked sea salt plus ¼ tsp
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 4 everything bagels, sliced
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin rounds
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- For carrot bacon: Using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots lengthwise into strips and place on parchment lined walled baking sheet. Add oil, maple, sherry vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, ½ teaspoon smoked sea salt, pepper and toss to coat. Spread out carrots.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, flipping occasionally. Once out of oven, toss with additional ¼ teaspoon smoked salt.
- Toast bagels in toaster oven until golden.
- Spread bottom and top of bagels with Vegenaise. Top each bagel base with lettuce, tomato, and carrot bacon. Enclose with bagel tops and serve warm.