Cheesy Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup un-sweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp dried mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- dash freshly ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- sash salt and pepper
- 1 package vegan puff pastry (2 sheets used)
- Thaw puff pastry sheets before using, according to package.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- For sauce, heat pot over medium heat. Add flour and butter and whisk to make a roux. Slowly stir in almond milk and whisk until smooth. Add mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon and nutmeg and whisk. Cook about 5 minutes. Add Dairy-Free Shredded Mozzarella and whisk until melted. Set aside.
- On a grill pan, heat neutral oil and add asparagus. Grill to char slightly, flipping occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut each sheet puff pastry into 4 squares, about 3 inches big. Add 2 tablespoons cheese sauce and about 6 pieces asparagus. Wrap to enclose, leaving tips and ends exposed. Repeat for all squares. Pinch together edges to seal.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until bundles are golden. Serve warm.