Cheesy Chicken Tot Pie
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 8 oz vegan “chicken”, large dice
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup frozen organic peas
- 2 cups “no chicken style” vegetable broth
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 1 package potato tots (16 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat a large pot and make a roux by combining ¼ cup oil and flour. Whisk. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook about 3-5 more minutes.
- Add peas, carrots, broth, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper to large pot with roux and stir until mixture thickens. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle 3 oz “chicken” and vegetable filling in each ramekin, or cocotte. Top each portion generously with Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar. Arrange tots on each portion. Top with small sprinkle of Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar.
- Place on walled baking sheet and bake until tops are golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 28-30 minutes.