Cheesy Patatas Bravas Pastelitos
- frozen puff pastry
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 medium to large sized golden potatoes, medium diced
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp hot Spanish paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt to taste
Onion Parsley Aioli:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 3 green onion stems, root removed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- pinch of salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Boil diced potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes, drain, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, prepare the bravos sauce by adding the grapeseed oil and paprika, whisking thoroughly to incorporate. Then add in the flour, whisking again.
- Add in the broth slowly, whisking simultaneously and eliminating any clumps by whisking. Add salt to taste. Once everything is smooth and incorporated and thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl mix potatoes, bravos sauce, and mozzarella until combined.
- Using a circular 3″ cookie cutter, cut two circles to create one hand pie. Add in the potato mixture, then add a circle of puff pastry to the top, then crimp down using a fork.
- Put into the oven on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden light brown. Cool on a cooling rack.
- In a high-speed blender, add in all ingredients for the green onion aioli, blending on high until smooth.
- Dip your delicious patatas bravos hand pies into the aioli and enjoy!