Cheesy Poblano & Papas Taquitos
Lime Sour Crema:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 4 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp garlic paste
- ¾ tsp lime zest
- salt to taste
- 1-2 russet potatoes
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free version
- ¾ tsp granulated garlic
- oil to lightly coat potatoes
- 1 poblano pepper
- 5 Follow Your Heart Pepper Jack Slices, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ½ white onion, sliced and grilled
- 10 tortillas
- vegetable oil for frying
- vegan butter
- Follow Your Heart Chipotle Vegenaise, to taste
- thinly sliced cabbage
- diced tomatoes
- toasted pepitas
- chili threads
- hot sauce
- sliced scallions
- Bring two cups of salted water to a boil. Place ½” julienned potatoes into a small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Drain, allow to cool and set aside.
- Once cool, coat the potatoes in oil and spices. Then, pan fry in vegan butter until golden brown and crispy on the exterior.
- Heat a gas grill to high, then place chilis directly on grill grate. Allow each side to char until blackened, then remove from heat and turn off burner. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then run cold water over the pepper and begin to remove all the charred bits. Once removed, discard the top and remove all the seeds. Then, julienne slice into ½” slices.
- Assemble the taquitos by layering the Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, Pepper Jack, poblano, potatoes, and grilled onions ¼ into the opening of the tortilla then roll into a cylindrical shape. Continue the process until all taquitos have been assembled.
- Heat oil in a skillet or cast-iron pan to medium-high heat. Allow oil to heat for a couple of minutes, then add a little test tortilla piece in the pan. If it sizzles, your oil is ready for frying! Place taquitos face (opening) down and allow the opening of the tortilla to adhere and harden so you may rotate your taquitos without all the contents falling out. Remove once golden brown on all sides. Then, allow to cool on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- To make the crema, whisk together Dairy-Free Sour Cream, lime juice, lime zest. Add salt to taste
- Add all the toppings to your taquitos and top with lime sour crema, and Chipotle Vegenaise. Enjoy!