Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin
- 6 medium organic russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp organic un-bleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegan half and half or unsweetened creamer
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups, divided Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 2 tsp fresh parsley or chives, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Slice potatoes into rounds, about ¼ inch thick using mandoline or by hand. Add potatoes in 3 layers to greased baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat a pot and add butter. Cook onion and garlic until translucent, about 3 minutes. and flour. Add flour and whisk. Cook until slightly golden. Add half and half or creamer, sea salt, pepper, and whisk. Add ¾ cups Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds. Cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Pour liquid mixtures over potatoes. Top with remaining Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Remove cover and add Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan and bake for 30-35 more minutes, until potatoes are soft. Serve warm and top with parsley or chives just before serving.