Cheezy Chick’n Chipotle Flautas
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted corn, defrosted
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh minced parsley
- ¼ cup fresh minced cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno, deseeded and finely diced
- 6 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 (8 ounce) package vegan chick’n pieces
- 1 teaspoon each: chipotle chile powder, ancho chile powder, and salt
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- avocado, optional
- sliced radish, optional
- lime wedges, optional
- To make the chimichurri, add the ingredients to a small bowl, mixing to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Set aside.
- For the flautas, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chick’n pieces, season with the chipotle and ancho chile powder, and salt, and cook, mixing often, until the chick’n is heated through and slightly crisped around the edges, about 5 to 7 minutes. Off the heat, pour in the Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella, stirring to let the residual heat melt the shreds.
- To assemble, spoon about 2-4 tablespoons of the cheesy chipotle chick’n onto a tortilla and tightly roll upwards, securing with a toothpick at the seam. Continue until all the tortillas are rolled and there is no more filling. Brush the flautas with a bit of oil and air fry in an even layer at 400°F until golden and crispy, 7 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Garnish with the corn chimichurri and serve with preferred toppings. ENJOY!