Cheezy Stuffed BBQ Bac’n Western Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds plant-based ground meat
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp each: smoked paprika, onion powder, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise, for serving
- 8 slices plant-based bac’n strips, cooked according to package directions
- onion strings or onion rings (homemade or store-bought)
- dill pickles, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the vegan ground, garlic, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Using a clean hand or spatula, mix well to combine.
- Weigh out eight 3-ounce patties.
- Working one patty at a time, flatten it with your hand, creating a small hole or well in the middle. Fill each hole with 2 tablespoons of the Finely Shredded Cheddar, and top the patty with another, pressing the edges together to seal it. Continue with the remaining patties.
- Brush the tops of each patty with BBQ sauce and pan sear or grill BBQ sauce side down. Brush the other side with BBQ sauce and continued to cook until heated through, and cheese starts to ooze out.
- To build your burgers, add a generous smear of Vegenaise to the bottom of a toasted bun, followed by your stuffed patties, favorite plant-based bac’n strips, and onion strings.
- Finish off with some more BBQ sauce, the top bun, and some dill pickles and enjoy!