Chick’n Bacon Ranch Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz dried macaroni
- 8 oz vegan chicken
- 1 cup vegan bacon
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2–3 cups non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- Follow Your Heart Ranch Dressing
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp lactic acid (optional)
- chopped chives (for garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Cook the vegan chick’n and bacon according to package instructions, then roughly chop both of them and set aside.
- In a large pan or deep skillet over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Then add the flour in 1 tablespoon at a time and whisk to incorporate before adding the next tablespoon. Repeat until all the flour has been whisked in. Cook for one minute, whisking frequently.
- Add in the non-dairy milk, about ½ cup at a time. Start with 2 cups worth. We can add in more as needed after we incorporate the cheese and ranch dressing.
- After the milk has been whisked in, add in the garlic and onion powder. Next add in the Finely Shredded Cheddar and whisk until melted. Then add in the Ranch Dressing and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, and optionally some nutritional yeast and lactic acid if desired. Once cheese is completely melted and the seasonings are perfect, combine the cheese sauce with the cooked macaroni, vegan chick’n and bacon, and then top with some chopped chives, and drizzle on some more of the ranch dressing and ENJOY!