Chili Cheese Mac
Chili Cheese Macaroni:
- ⅓ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup minced cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeños
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Veggie + Bean Chili:
- 2 tbsp oil or vegan butter
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 cup minced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ⅓ tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-3 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups gluten-free macaroni noodles cooked al dente
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- Set your oven to 425F to bake the macaroni.
- In a large pot, sauté diced red onions, bell peppers, and minced mushrooms in oil or vegan butter. Add in a splash of salt and continue to sauté.
- When the sauteed bell peppers are soft add in the black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Mix together.
- Add all of the seasoning to the chili and mix it well together. Cover and let the chili simmer covered while you cook the macaroni noodles to al dente.
- Once the noodles are cooked and slightly still a bit firm, drain them and add the noodles to the chili. Mix them in.
- Sprinkle in Finely Shredded Cheddar and Mozzarella and mix them in until well incorporated into the chili.
- Pour the chili mac into a large baking dish and then top it with more Shredded Cheddar and chopped cilantro. Bake for 8-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top.
- Decorate the Chili Mac with Feta Crumbles, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeños, and lime wedges.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Chili Mac!