Chocolate Chip Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 bottle Follow Your Heart Rocket Cakes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, plus 2 tbsp for garnish *Optional
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Vegan whipped cream *Optional for topping
- Heat small pot over medium heat. Add blueberries, sugar, maple, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice, and zest. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat waffle iron. Use recommended amount of batter for each waffle according to iron, leaving half inch border around edge. Top evenly with chocolate chips. Close lid. Cook until golden brown on a number 4 setting, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle blueberry sauce over waffle and top with whipped cream and additional chocolate chips and fresh blueberries, if desired. Serve warm.