Corned Beef, Cabbage & Potato Gratin
Mustard Cheese Sauce
- 2 bags Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 cups plain unsweetened plant milk
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp caraway seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs + 2 tbsp melted vegan butter, mixed
- ½ – 1 pound vegan corned beef
- To make your cheese sauce, melt your butter & then whisk in your flour to create a roux. Slowly whisk in your milk, then add the rest of your ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and stir frequently until the cheese is melted.
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, melt your 6 tbsp vegan butter and add your potatoes, onion, garlic, cabbage, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, covered until the potatoes are fork tender.
- In a casserole dish, layer half of your potato mixture, then your corned beef, then the rest of your potato mixture.
- Pour your cheese sauce over top and sprinkle your buttery breadcrumbs on top of the cheese sauce.
- Place in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes and broil if desired to get an extra golden-brown crust. Let cool for 10 minutes then dig in & enjoy!