Crab Rangoons with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 2 tubs Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 can brined jackfruit, drained/rinsed/very finely chopped
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp (more or less to preference) sriracha
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp water
- For the sweet and sour sauce, add all ingredients besides the corn starch slurry to a pot over medium high heat until boiling. Add your corn starch slurry, mix very well. Boil for 30 seconds, then reduce the heat to low and stir frequently for a few minutes to your desired thickness. Remove from heat.
- For the crab rangoons, mix your cream cheese, jackfruit, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and chopped scallions together until well combined.
- Take your wonton wrapper and add about ½ tbsp of filling to the center. Fold in half, then push the corners together and seal with water. You can easily make these into whatever shapes you’d like/are comfortable with though!
- Deep fry in 375F oil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.