Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or cornstarch, plus 2 tablespoons water, whisked
- In a 2-quart pot add blueberries, maple syrup, sugar, salt, and water. Cover and cook to soften berries, about 3 minutes over medium heat. Remove lid and cook 2 more minutes. Add tapioca or cornstarch mixture and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together VeganEgg powder and ice-cold water until uniform and slightly thickened. Add salt, cinnamon and vanilla and whisk. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Pre-heat griddle or pan to a medium-high heat and brush with oil.
- Spread 3 slices of bread with cream cheese mixture. Seal with remaining bread and dip sandwich into batter and place on hot pan or griddle.
- Cook until slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or so, or until golden.
- Serve warm topped with blueberry sauce.