Crêpes Suzette with Orange Butter
- 2 ¼ cup ice-cold soy milk creamer
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, dry
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur (Cointreau)
- ¼ cup room temperature water
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp organic sugar, for topping
- orange liqueur and cognac, for topping
- 1 orange, zested, plus reserved ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together creamer and VeganEgg powder until uniform. Set aside.
- Add prepared VeganEgg, sugar, orange liqueur, water, flour, and sea salt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- To make orange butter, in a small bowl of a food processor pulse orange zest with sugar until uniform. Add butter and pulse until well whipped. Drizzle in orange juice while pulsing. Set aside in refrigerator.
- To form crêpes, heat a non-stick pan and brush lightly with neutral tasting oil. Wipe out with a paper towel. Using a ladle, add crêpe mixture to center of pan and spread it out in a circular motion from center to edge.
- After two minutes, run a non-stick spatula around rim of crêpe, then flip over and cook for additional minute. Set aside on a plate or baking sheet. Repeat for each crepe and stir batter often.
- Remove orange butter from refrigerator and heat in sauté pan.
- When crêpes are finished cooking, dip each one in melted orange butter. Fold into triangle shape. Either serve warm or proceed with flambee.
- Place crêpes in shallow heat-proof dish and sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Pour splash orange liqueur and cognac on top and ignite with flame, if desired. Let flame die down and serve warm.