Crispy Herb Potato Nachos
Crispy Herb Potatoes:
- 2 lbs. baby red or Yukon potatoes
- 3-4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 onion, chopped thinly
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 cups sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ cup plant-based milk
Creamy Lime Sauce:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ½ lime, freshly-squeezed
- 3-4 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp dill
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the baby potatoes, olive oil, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, and garlic powder, rubbing everything unto the potatoes until they are coated.
- Add the coated potatoes side by side on the baking sheet (about an inch apart).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when using a fork or knife and are crisp and golden brown.
- Once they are cooked through, remove from oven and using the bottom of a bowl or cup, gently press down on each potato until they are “smashed” and flattened. Repeat until all potatoes are smashed.
- On the same baking sheet with the smashed potatoes, add the toppings: drained black beans, corn, jalapeños, and onions. Return everything to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies become tender and charred.
- To make the Vegan Queso, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the butter and let it melt. Add in the Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar and plant-based milk, whisking consistently until cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- To make the Creamy Lime Sauce, in a bowl, whisk together the Vegenaise, plant-based milk, lime juice, parsley, and dill, until smooth and creamy.
- Once nachos are done, remove from oven, pour the vegan queso atop everything followed by the diced tomatoes and a spoonful of creamy lime sauce.
- To serve, add the nachos to your favorite platter or plate and Enjoy!