- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp Aleppo chili or red chili flake
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into rounds
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- pita bread, for serving (leave out for gluten-free version or sub gluten-free bread)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add red bell pepper and onion, cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic, cumin, paprika, and Aleppo to pan. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then bring to a simmer.
- Add eggplant rounds and ½ cup of dairy-free feta to sauce. Cover and cook for additional 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and a few additional sprinkles of Feta and serve with plenty of pita.