- 2 cups fire roasted corn (fresh grilled, frozen or canned)
- 4 thin slices Red Onion cut into half
- 7 oz (200 g) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Tajin seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- lime wedges to serve
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
Vegan Cotija Cheese (mix together):
Crema (mix together):
- Place the corn, ancho chili powder and tajin seasoning into a bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside
- In a food processor, make the flatbread dough by combining the flour, salt and baking powder. Pulse a few times until well combined. Add the olive oil and warm water and pulse until the dough comes together. Scrape down the sides if needed and continue pulsing for 30 seconds until the dough is a complete ball.
- Pre heat the oven to 475° F. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about a minute until almost smooth. Cut the dough in half and roll out each half into an oval shape that is about 12”L x 7”W in size. Use a fork to prick the top of the flatbread. Place each flatbread onto a parchment lined baking sheet with a bit of cornmeal spread onto it. Bake the flatbreads for 5-7 minutes or until the edges and top become lightly browned.
- Brush each flatbread with a tbsp of olive oil and then top with ½ the package of Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella, ½ the corn mixture and ½ of the red onions. Bake the flatbreads at 475° F for 8-10 minutes. They should be golden brown and the cheese melty.
- Allow the flatbreads to cool slightly before adding on the chopped cilantro, the cotija cheese and a generous serving of the crema. Cut each flatbread into roughly 6 pieces and serve with lime wedges.