Elote Pasta Salad
- 4 ears (about 2 cups) of corn roasted
- 16 oz short pasta like cavatappi
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ cup red onion roughly chopped
- ½ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- lime wedges for serving
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 1 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp tajin seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan Cotija Cheese
Vegan Cotija Cheese:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan (roughly chopped)
- Make the Vegan Cotija cheese by mixing together the Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan, Shredded Parmesan, and Feta Crumbles. Set aside.
- Make the crema by mixing together the Vegenaise, Dairy-Free Sour Cream, lime juice, lime zest, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, tajin seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup of the Vegan Cotija . Set Aside.
- Roast the corn until you have nice grill marks, either on a grill or in a frying pan. If using a frying pan, try boiling the corn first for 3-5 minutes to help the cooking process. Allow the corn to cool then slice the kernels off the cob. Set aside. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Assemble the pasta salad by adding the cooked pasta to a large bowl. Add in the roasted corn, red onion, green onions, cilantro and mix well. Add the crema to the pasta salad and mix through. Add in 1/3 or more of the Vegan Cotija Cheese and mix through.
- Served best at room temp with lime wedges and additional Vegan Cotija Cheese.