Elote Stuffed Peppers
- 3-6 large bell peppers
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh jalapeño
- 3 cups roasted corn
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Veganaise
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- 1 ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup hot sauce of choice
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Set oven to 375° F in preparation to bake the bell peppers.
- In a large pot melt down vegan butter and sauté diced red onions, and minced garlic. Sauté until slightly browned and then add in minced jalapeño. Sauté everything together until soft and cooked down.
- Add roasted corn into the pot and season with Cayenne pepper, smoked Paprika, cumin, and Fajita seasoning. Mix everything together until fully coated in spice.
- Next, mix in ¼ Cup fresh cilantro and lime juice and combine everything together. Cook the corn on medium heat until the corn is soft and seasoning has cooked in.
- Remove the cooked corn from the heat and mix in Veganaise, Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan, and Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles. Mix in hot sauce and ¼ fresh cilantro as well. Set aside.
- Chop off the very top of your bell peppers and remove the seeds inside.
- Set the peppers in a baking dish with the open side facing up. Fill the peppers ½ way up with cooked black beans and then fill to the top with the cooked elote corn.
- Garnish the stuffed peppers with Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan and cilantro then bake the peppers at 375° F for 15-25 minutes or until the Parmesan is lightly browned and the peppers are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Once you are ready to serve, garnish the stuffed peppers with Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles and minced cilantro.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and dig into the Elote Stuffed Peppers!