- ½ lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan butter
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian dry herb
- ½ tbsp dry parsley
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 1/3 cup pasta water
- fresh parsley or basil to garnish
- Cook pasta in salted water and drain the 1 minute shy of al dente reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta water for later use.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter then with the help of a whisk, whisk in the flour until it is dissolved in the butter.
- Add in the dairy-free milk and stir until a creamy sauce has formed. Mix in the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Italian herb, dried parsley and stir until all ingredients are combined
- Mix in the Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan until they melt into the sauce, then add in the pasta along with the pasta water.
- Stir for 1 minute or until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh parsley.