Funfetti Macaroni Salad
- 1 package organic macaroni (16 oz)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp champagne or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus to taste
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped, plus for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cob yellow corn, kernels removed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 4 slices Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Medium Cheddar or American Slices, large dice
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a 4-quart pot. Add macaroni and cook according to directions. During last minute of cooking, add peas. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl add Vegenaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, relish, celery seeds, sea salt, pepper, chives, and whisk.
3. Toss cooked macaroni in a bowl and add red bell pepper, corn, carrot, red onion, and Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar or American Slices. Garnish with additional chives, if desired. Serve room temperature or chilled.