Green Bean Casserole
- 5 cups cooked green beans or canned green beans
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups vegan portobello mushroom creamy soup/broth or vegan mushroom broth
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ½ cup crispy onions
- ½ cup crispy jalapeños
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 370 ° F.
- Clean, chop and prepare green beans. Boil fresh green beans until they are tender. Drain water and set to the side.
- Sauté chopped onions and minced garlic in vegan butter for 2-3 minutes. (If you like it creamy, add 1 tbsp of flour and create a roux).
- Add vegan Portobello mushroom broth, Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes. Add cooked green beans and cook for 6-7 minutes or until broth thickens.
- Add green beans to the baking pan. Coat with Mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Add crispy onions and crispy jalapenos and bake for five more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!