Green Potato Pancakes
- 5 organic Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, powder
- ½ cup ice cold water
- ½ cup almond milk, plus 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 leaves collared greens, or kale, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp high heat oil (safflower)
- ½ cup Original Vegenaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- Dice 3 potatoes and set aside.
- Bring salted water to a boil, add diced potatoes. Cook until soft, about 10-12 minutes, depending on size of dice.
- Using grating attachment in a food processor, grate the 2 remaining potatoes, or grate by hand on box grater on largest setting.
- In a separate bowl and VeganEgg powder and ice-cold water. Whisk until uniform and slightly thick, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Transfer diced cooked potatoes to a large bowl. Mash with potato masher until smooth. Add VeganEgg mixture, curdled almond milk, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well and fold in collared greens and shredded potatoes.
- Heat a large pan and add oil. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add ⅓ cup potato mixture at a time. Cook until crisp on one side, about 4-6 minutes, then flip and brown on other side.
- For topping, whisk Vegenaise, lemon juice, herbs, sea salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve on side of warm potato pancakes.