Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F.
- To slice sweet potatoes, using a sharp knife make thin slits in potato while facing horizontally on cutting board, leaving bottom ¼ inch intact. Set aside on walled baking sheet.
- To a small mixing bowl add melted butter, garlic, rosemary, maple, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Brush sweet potatoes with half butter mixture. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- With a fork gently separate creases and brush with remaining butter mixture. Place back in oven and bake about 40-50 more minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with generous sprinkling of Feta Crumbles, pomegranate seeds, and walnuts.