Jalapeño Cheddar Potato Empanadas
- 18 – 20 small purple potatoes or red potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp of plant milk
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1-2 roasted jalapeños (depending on your spice level)
- 1 pack Follow Your Heart Dairy- Free Shredded Cheddar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegan egg replacer
- ½ cup cold vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil purple potatoes for 45 minutes or until soft. (No need to peel)
- Drain potatoes and add to a bowl. Smash potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Add butter, plant milk, chopped roasted jalapeños, salt, and pepper to the potato. Mix and place to the side.
- Mix pie dough dry ingredients first and next mix in the reminding pie dough ingredients. Mix in cold butter with your hands until you have a consistent dough. Roll out dough and cut out circles for your crust.
- Add mashed purple mashed potato and Dairy-Free Cheddar. Seal with water and a fork.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pie crust is golden.