Jalapeño Cheddar Pretzels
Jalapeño Cheddar Pretzels:
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1-3 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup chopped fresh jalapeños
- ¼ cup vegan butter
Pepper Jack Cheese Dip:
- 2 cups plant-milk
- 1-2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pepper Jack Slices, chopped
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a standing mixer or large bowl add gluten-free flour, seasoning, baking powder and salt and mix or whisk well. Then, add the vegan yogurt and mix everything until well combined.
- Place the dough on a silicone mat, add in the Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar and chopped jalapeños. Then using your dry hands, coat them with a little bit of flour, roll the dough into a large ball and knead.
- Divide the dough into 5-10 equal pieces, then roll each piece into a ball and then using your hands roll each ball into long strips that are about 11-12 inches long.
- Form a pretzel shape by forming a loop with one side, then looping the other side over the top of the first loop, and lightly pressing the loops into the edge of the pretzel base. Then place the pretzel on the covered baking sheet.
- Use a brush to generously brush over vegan butter, sprinkle on cheddar cheese, and a few jalapeño slices on top. Bake the pretzels on the middle rack of the oven until golden for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the pretzels are baking, make the cheese dipping sauce by heating up plant-based milk in a pot, melting down the Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pepper Jack Slices in the pot of milk, add in lime juice and nutritional yeast. Mix and whisk together until well combined and melted together. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Layout the pretzels with a side of Pepper Jack Dipping Sauce and garnish everything with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and have a pretzel!