Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- ½ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup oat or almond milk
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 bottle Follow Your Heart Rocket Cakes
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon zest, plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup, plus ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tsp neutral tasting oil, for greasing griddle
- 1 tsp powdered sugar, for topping *optional
- For lemon curd, in a small pot over medium heat add sugar and cornstarch and whisk. Add lemon zest, juice, oat or almond milk, and turmeric, and cook about 3 minutes, whisking frequently, or until thickened. When still warm add butter and whisk. Set aside to cool.
- For pancakes, heat a large griddle, over medium heat lightly grease with oil. Squeeze Rocket Cakes batter onto griddle and top with a sprinkle of lemon zest and blueberries. Drizzle with small amount of lemon juice. Repeat for all pancakes. Cook pancakes until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve pancakes warm drizzled with lemon curd and topped with remaining ¼ cup fresh blueberries. Top with powdered sugar if desired.