Loaded Brussels Sprouts Bake
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 6 strips vegan bacon
- 3 shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup veggie or vegan chicken broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by cutting them in half and larger ones into quarters. Remove any of the loose or damaged outer leaves. Give them a good wash and strain. Spread out the cleaned brussels sprouts onto a lined baking dish. Drizzle with Oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar shreds along with a cup of plant-based milk to a small sauce pot on medium low heat. Stir occasionally as the dairy-free cheese melts and incorporates the plant-based milk. Once everything is nicely melted and you have a sauce cover and keep warm.
- Cook the vegan bacon in a large skillet according to package directions. Remove the vegan bacon from the pan.
- In the same pan, heat up 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Add in the shallots and sauté for 4 minutes. Add in the chopped sage and minced garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the roasted brussels sprouts and cooked bacon and mix well before adding in the dairy-free cheddar sauce.
- Add in the broth and mix well to ensure everything is well coated. Pour the mixture into an oven safe baking dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the diary-free cheese is nice and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!