Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 3 lb yukon gold potatoes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Cheese Style Shreds, divided
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 5 ounces vegan bacon
- 2 tbsp chives or green onions, chopped
- ¼-1/3 cup almond milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the outer, papery layers of the garlic bulb, then cut just about ½ inch from the top so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with oil and loosely wrap in foil. Place directly on the wire rack of the oven for about 30-40 minutes. Unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes, then place them into a large pot. Add water until just covering potatoes. Season generously with salt then place potatoes over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While the potatoes cook, heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil and once heated, add the vegan bacon and cook until crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Drain water then transfer the potatoes back to the pot.
- Squeeze in the roasted garlic cloves, then add in the vegan butter, almond milk, dairy-free sour cream and salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash everything together until smooth.
- Once the vegan bacon has cooled, crumble/chop into small pieces.
- Fold in ½ of the vegan bacon, 1 cup dairy-free cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of chives. Add more salt and pepper as needed to taste.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish (if desired). Top with a drizzle of diary-free sour cream, a sprinkle of dairy-free cheddar cheese, chives and black pepper. Dig in!