Loaded Potato Soup
- ¼ cup vegan butter or oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 can coconut cream
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- 1-3 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup vegan bacon bits or chopped vegan jerky
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a large pot on medium high heat, melt down vegan butter and sauté the diced white onions until translucent and clear. Halfway through sautéing down the white onions, add in minced garlic and sauté along with the white onions.
- Once the vegan butter, onions, and garlic are melted together and golden brown, add in the gluten-free flour to create a thick roux. Continuously mix everything together so that none of the flour burns on the bottom of the pot.
- Slowly mix in the coconut cream, vegetable broth, and all of your seasonings and spices. Mix everything together well until it is all combined and fully incorporated.
- Once the liquid mixture is bubbling and hot, then add in your diced potatoes and let them boil in the liquid for 10-15 minutes or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are cooked all the way through, add in Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds and Cream Cheese. Mix everything together until the cheese is fully melted and incorporated into the soup.
- Next, smash or blend half of the soup to make it creamy. Make sure to leave some of the cubed potatoes whole so that you have a nice chunky texture throughout the soup.
- When you are ready to serve this soup, pour your desired amount into a bowl, top with Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds, vegan bacon bits, and finish with chopped green onion.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and dig into the Loaded Potato Soup!