Mac and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 3 cups large shell pasta noodles
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp flour of choice
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups red marinara sauce
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 1 ½ cups crushed potato chips
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Heat your oven to 385° F in preparation to bake the pasta dish. Boil two pots of hot water in preparation to cook the pasta.
- In a large pot on medium heat melt down vegan butter and sauté minced butter until slightly golden brown.
- Cook pasta shells and macaroni pasta noodles in the pots of hot boiling water. Let them cook until al dente or still slightly a bit undercooked.
- Next in the large pot with garlic, add in the smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast, and then a splash of flour. Mix together until well combined. Slowly incorporate coconut milk while you whisk together the ingredients. A thick creamy sauce will form in the pot.
- Turn the stove to low heat then add in marinara sauce and Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar. Mix everything together to make a tasty cheese sauce. Once the cheese is melted in, add in Veganaise and Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain the water and add the cheese sauce to the macaroni noodles and mix together.
- In a baking dish first add in a layer of the cheese sauce and spread it from corner to corner. Then, one at a time stuff the large pasta shells with a spoonful of creamy mac and cheese. Place the stuffed shells next to one another in the baking dish until the dish is full.
- Sprinkle over Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan and crushed potato chips on top. Bake the dish at 385° F for 10-15 minutes, periodically spraying the stuffed shells lightly with water.
- Once the cheese is melted and the potato chips are slightly browned then the dish is ready. Garnish with additional Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan and chopped chives.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Stuffed Shells!