Mac & Cheese Rib Sandwich
- 2 ½ cups of wheat vital gluten flour
- 2 cups of cold vegetable broth
- rib rub or BBQ rub
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
Broth For Boiling
- 3 tbsp of vegan miso
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- pinch of salt & pepper
Mac & Cheese
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of plant-based milk
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- BBQ Sauce
- Follow Your Heart Organic Garlic Aioli Vegenaise
- burger buns
- For the ribs, mix wheat vital gluten flour with 2 cups of cold vegetable broth until you have a ball of dough.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until you have a ball. Make sure to knead the dough well. Kneading the dough will help create a rib-like texture.
- Let the dough sit for about 10-15 minutes covered up.
- Cut the vital wheat gluten in small sizes. Try to shape the dough to resemble ribs at this point.
- Boil wheat vital gluten in 3 cups of vegetable broth, miso, hoisin sauce, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium until all the broth is about gone.
- Rub a little olive oil and BBQ rub on the vegan ribs and grill.
- For the mac & cheese, melt your butter in a pan. Add flour once butter is melted and create a roux. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook—Cook on Medium.
- Add black pepper, salt, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Add your plant-based milk and stir until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cooked macaroni, 1 cup of Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, nutritional yeast, and stir until you have an even mix.
- Build your sandwich with burger buns, Garlic Aoli Vegenaise, ribs, and mac & cheese. Enjoy the vibes!