Mac n Cheese Stuffed BBQ Burger
Mac & Cheese:
- 1 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 1 ½ cups macaroni shells
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups of plant-based milk (Barista works the best)
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- plant-based grounds
- burger bun
- onion rings
- BBQ sauce
- First, melt your butter in a pan. Add flour once butter is melted and create a roux. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook—Cook on Medium.
- Add black pepper, salt, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Add your plant-based milk and stir until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cooked macaroni shells, 1 cup of cheese, nutritional yeast, and stir until you have an even mix.
- Create two flat patties with plant-based grounds. Add Mac & cheese to the center of the bottom patty. Add top patty and use your hands to seal the patty on both ends.
- BBQ your burgers on a grill or bbq grill. Coat with BBQ sauce after your burgers are ready.
- Build your burger and enjoy!