Meaty Cheezy Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, shredded
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning, homemade or store-bought
- 4 teaspoons vegan butter
- 8 large flour tortillas, preferably “burrito-size”, divided
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, divided
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella, divided
For serving, optional:
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- salsa or pico de gallo
- hot sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms, season with the taco seasoning, and cook in an even layer until most of moisture cooks out and the edges are crispy, stirring every few minutes, about 15 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, place one tortilla into the skillet, followed by ¼ cup Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, meaty oyster mushrooms, and ¼ cup Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella. Top with another flour tortilla. Cover and cook until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, mushrooms, and cheeses.
- Cut each quesadilla in 6 to 8 slices and serve with preferred toppings such as Dairy-Free Sour Cream, salsa, thinly sliced avocado, and your favorite hot sauce, and enjoy!