- 8 mini hoagie rolls (or 4 standard sized cut in half)
- ½ large onion (diced)
- 24 oz. plant-based meat
- ½ – 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ – 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ – 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz. bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- For the Cheez Whiz, soak the cashews in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and then add to a high-speed blender along with the unsweetened plant milk. Blend until smooth to create a cashew cream.
- Add the cashew cream to a saucepan over medium heat along with all the seasonings and white wine vinegar. Whisk over medium heat. Once it begins to bubble, add in the Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds. Whisk constantly until fully melted. Season to taste.
- For the Mini Cheesesteaks, over medium heat, grill the onions for 10 minutes or until they start to get some nice browning. Add in the plant-based meat and crumble to combine with the onions.
- Let the meat sit undisturbed for 3 minutes to brown. Add the seasonings, then flip and toss it. Repeat this step until the meat is cooked through.
- Pile up as much vegan beef as you like on a mini hoagie roll and drizzle on as much cheez whiz as you’d like and enjoy!