Seared Oyster Mushroom Chalupas Poblanas
For the seared oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound oyster mushrooms, removed from clusters and torn into bite-sized strips
For the chalupas
To make the seared oyster mushrooms
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sesame oil, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Toss in oyster mushroom strips and coat well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add marinated mushrooms and press with a grill press or another cast iron skillet.
- Sear the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip the mushrooms and sear the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from heat and reserve.
To make the chalupas
- Heat oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place 4 tortillas on the skillet or griddle and cook for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Flip tortillas over and add 1 tablespoon Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella over each tortilla.
- On 2 tortillas, add 1 tablespoon of red salsa over each. On the other 2 tortillas, add 1 tablespoon of green salsa over each.
- Top each tortilla with a large pinch of seared oyster mushrooms.
- Continue cooking, covered, until cheese has melted and tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from pan or griddle and repeat with the second batch of tortillas.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles over each chalupa and the garnishes of your choice.