BY FOLLOW YOUR HEART
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1- 16oz pack of baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and finely chopped
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid aminos
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Roasted Poblano Pepper
- 1 large whole poblano pepper, washed and dried
- ¾ cup coconut cream or dairy-free milk
- 4 cups (2 bags) Finely-Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cup (1 bag) Finely-Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (1 tub) Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup roasted poblano pepper, finely chopped
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- fresh tortilla chips and tortillas, for serving
For the Mushroom Chorizo
- In a medium bowl, mix all dried spices.
- Add ¼ cup oil, vinegar, liquid aminos, and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, mix mushrooms with the spice mix until fully coated.
- Set aside and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook the marinated mushrooms, about 20 minutes, until they start to brown and the liquid is cooked off. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Set the pan aside, but don’t wipe it down so you can use that coating of seasoning when you make the choriqueso.
For the Roasted Poblano Pepper
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Place whole pepper on a lightly-oiled baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping occasionally, until skin is blistered and blackened. (You can also blister the pepper directly over an open flame on the stove, flipping often.)
- Remove from oven, and place inside a glass bowl and cover. Leave covered for about 10 minutes to let the steam loosen the skin.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, remove and discard the skin, then cut off the stem and remove the seeds.
- Finely chop poblano and set aside.
For the Mushroom Choriqueso
- In the same cast iron pan, add coconut cream and cheeses (reserving some Feta for garnish), stirring regularly until fully melted and smooth.
- Mix in mushroom chorizo and poblano, reserving some poblano for garnish.
- Garnish with cilantro, Feta, and poblanos and serve hot with tortilla chips and tortillas.
BY FOLLOW YOUR HEART