Pulled Oyster Mushroom Melt with Chimichurri Aioli
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup parsley, de-stemmed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 dried red chili
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise or Soy-Free Vegenaise to make this dish soy-free
- ¼ cup chimichurri
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shredded
- 8 oz blue oyster mushrooms, pulled apart stem to top
- pickled radishes
- french roll or gluten-free bread to make this dish gluten-free
- oil for cooking
1. Place all chimichurri ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Mix the chimichurri and aioli with a whisk until both ingredients are incorporated.
3. Heat a skillet to medium-high with approx 2 TBSP of vegetable oil. Add the pulled oyster mushrooms to the skillet and cook until golden brown, tossing often.
4. Slice the french roll lengthwise, lining one side with the mozzarella and the other with aioli. Add the fried oyster mushrooms and pickled radishes, then close the sandwich in preparation to press.
5. Use a sandwich prep or a cast iron skillet with another skillet on top for weight to press on each side. Remove when pressed thin and golden brown.
6. Cut on a bias and enjoy!