Parmesan Mushroom Tartlets
- 1 package of vegan puff pastry (2 sheets, 17.7 oz)
- 10 oz mushrooms chopped (any variety)
- 5 oz roasted chestnuts chopped
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp strong mustard (English or Dijon)
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tbsp vegetable or vegan beef broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw according to package directions.
- While the puff pastry thaws start your filling. In a skillet on medium low heat sauté the onions for about 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Add in the chopped mushrooms, thyme and garlic cook for a few minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the chopped chestnuts, mustard, vegan Worcestershire and broth. Mix well and cook for another 4-6 minutes or until the mushrooms have cooked down.
- Add in the Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan and mix well. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While the mixture cools, roll out the thawed pastry. Roll each sheet until it’s about an 8×12” rectangle. Use a 2” square cookie cutter or knife to cut out (24) 2” square pieces. Make sure to not leave any spaces between squares in order to get the maximum amount out of the dough.
- Use a fork to prick each cut out a few times to help the pastry from rising too much.
- Place each square into a muffin opening and gently spread the dough down into the tin and up the sides to create a cup shape. Fill each pastry dough cup with about 1 ½ tsp of the parmesan mushroom filling.
- Bake at 400° F for 15-17 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving with a bit of fresh thyme.