Passover Lokshen Soup with VeganEgg Noodles
- 2 tsp, plus 2 tsp neutral tasting oil
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 3 stalks celery, small dice
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 fresh dill sprigs, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch or 1 tbsp matzo cake meal
- 1 ¼ cup ice-cold water
- ¼ tsp, plus ¼ tsp sea salt, plus to taste for broth
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- In a large pot, add 2 tsp oil. Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, celery, broth and dill. Cook about 10 minutes to soften vegetables and keep at a simmer on low until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine VeganEgg, cornstarch or matzo cake meal, water, ¼ tsp sea salt, and pepper. Whisk until uniform.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Brush pan with oil to coat evenly. Spread out VeganEgg mixture in pan until thinly coats pan. Cook about 8-10 minutes over medium heat, until golden on bottom, and slide onto cutting board. Let cool slightly and then roll into coil.
- Cut into ¼ inch strips for “noodles”. If using a small pan, this should be done in 2 batches.
- For soup, cook until vegetables are at a desired texture. Add VeganEgg noodles and remove from heat.
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.