Pecan Cranberry Cheese Ball
Cheese Ball Ingredients:
- 1 container (8 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shredded
- zest of ½ lemon, plus 2 fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp, plus 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
Candied Pecan Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup pecan halves or pieces
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- organic crackers, for serving
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, lemon zest and juice, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons chives. Mix until uniform and roll into ball shape.
2. Place cream cheese mixture in center of plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, for pecans, melt butter in a medium sauté pan. Add maple syrup, brown sugar, and stir until bubbles form. Add nuts and coat in mixture. Add salt and cayenne.
4. Cook, stirring frequently until liquid has disappeared, turn off flame and let nuts cool slightly. Transfer to parchment and set aside to cool completely. Roughly chop
5. On a clean work surface mix chopped pecans, cranberries, and remaining chives. Roll ball in mixture until completely coated.
6. Serve with crackers.