Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 4 cups hearty marinara sauce
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
- ¼ cup minced basil
- toasted sliced bread
Herb Cream Cheese Layer:
- 3 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 1-3 trumpet mushrooms stems
- ¼ cup vegan butter or oil
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a large bowl, combine Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, Shredded Parmesan, and Italian seasoning until well incorporated and mixed together. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the stems of trumpet mushrooms to create pepperoni.
- In a large pan, melt down some vegan butter and sauté minced garlic until lightly browned. Add in the sliced trumpet mushroom pepperoni, and cook everything together until browned and soft.
- Add the vegan Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, steak seasoning, smoked paprika, and nutritional yeast to the mushroom pepperoni and fully coat and cover everything in seasoning and spice. Cook the mushrooms on both sides until browned and they have a rich, red color.
- In a large glass baking pan, add 2 cups of marinara sauce onto the bottom and then layer on all of your cream cheese herb filling. Swirl and mix everything together until fully combined.
- On top of the swirled cream cheese filling, add another 2-3 cups of marinara sauce and sprinkle Mozzarella Shreds all over the top. Top with mushroom pepperoni and sprinkle over a good helping of Shredded Parmesan.
- Bake the Pepperoni Pizza Dip at 400 F for 5-15 minutes. Halfway through baking, use a spatula to lightly flatten out the cheese on top so that it all melts together and then let it continue to bake and brown on top for another few minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, garnish the dip with chopped basil, all over the top.
- Slice up your favorite bread and toast it to serve alongside this dip.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Pepperoni Pizza Dip!