Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- 1 can organic pineapple rings
- 16 fresh raspberries or Maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, dry
- ½ cup ice cold water
- ¼ cup vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add brown sugar and vegan butter. Cook until melted, whisking frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan or 8-inch round pan well and add brown sugar mixture. Arrange pineapple rounds evenly over sugar and add one raspberry in the center of each pineapple ring.
- In a bowl, whisk Follow Your Heart VeganEgg with ice-cold water until thick and smooth, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or standing mixer add vegan butter, sugar, prepared VeganEgg, Vegenaise and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, and sea salt. Once mixture is uniform, slowly whisk into liquid ingredients with coconut milk, lime zest and juice until uniform.
- Pour batter into pan and gently smooth once in pan. Place pan on walled baking sheet to catch any spillage. Cake may bubble over slightly.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until golden on edges. Allow to cool completely in pan. Run a knife around edges before inverting onto cooling rack or serving dish.