Pulled Pork Plantain Nachos
- plantain chips
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- ¼ cup small diced red onions
- ¼ cup finely sliced chives
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- 1 medium avocado, mashed with salt and a squeeze of lime
- cilantro for garnish
- ¾ cup small diced white onions
- 2 cup shredded young green jackfruit
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- high heat oil for cooking
Lime Chive Crema:
- Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- chives, finely sliced
- lime juice
- ground cumin
- Shred the jackfruit by removing the hard bit of the jackfruit and shredding the top, removing any seeds.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, salt, cumin, paprika, and soy sauce to the jackfruit and mix until incorporated.
- Set a skillet or griddle to medium high heat add the onions and grill until brown, then add in the jackfruit, juices and all. Grill the jackfruit until brown overall. Some blackening is okay!
- In a bowl, mix in all the ingredients for the Vegenaise Lime Chive Crema.
- In a sauce pan, add in the package of Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar with the almond milk. Set onto the stovetop on medium low, heat until completely melted.
- Assemble the nachos starting with the plantain chips, then jackfruit, melted cheese, lime chive crema, mashed avocado, red onions, tomatoes, chives, cilantro leaves, and a generous sprinkle of Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan. Enjoy!