Pumpkin Curry Tostadas
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup diced white onions
- 1 ½ cups cubed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbs fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs onion powder
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 jalapeño
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- ¼ cup edible flowers
- corn tortillas
- In a large pot with hot oil, lightly pan fry fresh sage and cinnamon sticks.
- As the sage and cinnamon begin to brown and become more aromatic, add in diced white onions and sauté them in the oil until slightly translucent and clear.
- Add in cubed squash and mix it all in with the cinnamon, sage, and onion oil. Mix everything together well.
- Once the butternut squash has been cooking for about five minutes in the pot, add in pumpkin purée, crushed tomatoes, coconut cream, curry powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, fresh ginger, and mix everything together well.
- Add in cooked chickpeas, minced cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Let the pot cook while covered on medium heat until the cubed, butternut squash is fully cooked all the way through.
- While the curry is cooking, make the jalapeño sauce by blending together Vegenaise, vinegar, fresh jalapeño, chili powder, onion powder, fresh, cilantro, and hummus. Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Toast the corn tortillas in an oven until they are lightly browned and crispy like tortilla chips. This should take no more than 4-7 minutes in the oven at 415° F.
- Once the butternut squash is fully cooked, you are ready to build the Tostadas. Start with a layer of jalapeño cream, then top it with the pumpkin curry. Next add on a drizzle of more jalapeño cream, and garnish the Tostadas with Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles, fresh cilantro, edible flowers, and pomegranate seeds. Serve this on a bed of arugula or spinach.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Pumpkin Curry Tostadas!