BY FOLLOW YOUR HEART
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin, 2 – 2½ lbs, top removed, seeds and membranes scooped out
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Mozzarella
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced, shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- Chunks of bread, veggies and apples for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat outside of pumpkin and pumpkin top with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake 45 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserts into flesh around opening with slight resistance. Remove and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl add mozzarella, smoked gouda, corn starch, nutmeg, and pepper. Mix to coat everything in cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a pot, add 1 teaspoon olive oil, shallot, and sage. Heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes until shallots are translucent.
- Add wine to pot and simmer 2 minutes. Add milk and cheese mixture to pot.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, gooey, and smooth.
- Transfer pumpkin to serving dish and pour in fondue. Serve immediately with chunks of bread, cooked sausage, and apples.