Sausage Pizza Rolls with Beer Cheese Sauce
Sausage Pizza Rolls
- 1 package vegan sausage grounds, browned in a skillet
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 package fresh pizza dough (you want one in the cans so it comes out as a rectangle)
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup vegan butter melted
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
Beer Cheese Sauce
- 2 bags Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 bottle Stella Artois beer
- 1 tsp each: dried oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and dried thyme
- For the sausage rolls, first preheat your oven according to your pizza doughs instructions, then flour your working surface.
- Roll your dough out into a rectangle and spread your sauce on first, leaving the back inch clear of any toppings. Top with oregano and garlic powder, then the Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella cheese and browned sausage crumbles.
- Roll the dough up like how you would cinnamon rolls. Using a piece of string, cut rolls that are about 1 inch thick. Transfer them carefully to a parchment paper lined baking tray, about 2 inches apart.
- Melt your butter and mix in your minced garlic and brush overtop and on the sides of each roll. Top with parmesan & bake until the crust is golden brown, probably about 5 or so minutes longer than the package instructions!
- For the beer cheese sauce, add all of your ingredients to a pot over medium heat and whisk frequently until melted and well combined.
- Serve your warm pizza rolls with your beer cheese sauce for dipping & dig in!