Southwest Chipotle Mac and Cheese
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup organic corn kernels
- ¼ cup canned hatch chilies, diced
- 1 package (7 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Chipotle Vegenaise
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped *optional for garnish
- Bring about 6-8 cups of water to a boil. Add heavy pinch sea salt. Add macaroni and cook as described on the package. About 7-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Heat a medium pot and butter and flour and whisk. Add garlic beans, corn, and chilies. Cook about 3 minutes. Add Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar, almond milk, lemon juice, salt, chipotle powder and whisk. Cook about 2-4 minutes to melt. Remove from heat and whisk in Chipotle Vegenaise. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked macaroni with sauce. Top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Serve warm. Garnish with chives if desired.