Spinach Artichoke Flatbread
- 1-5 cups pizza dough
- 4 tbsp oil
Creamy Cheese Sauce:
- ¼ cup butter or oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ½-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup plant milk
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Parmesan Shreds
- 1 ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- fresh lemon juice from 1 full lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- 1-2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 ½ cups chopped spinach or kale
- 1 ½ cups marinated artichokes
- ½ cup pickled jalapeños
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Make and bake the pizza dough. Spay or paint the top of the crust with oil so that it gets golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, make your cheese sauce in a large pot. Start by adding vegan butter or oil to the pot and sauté minced garlic until lightly browned and golden.
- Add gluten-free flour to make a thick roux. Slowly incorporate plant-based milk into the pot and mix in all of your seasoning and spice. Mix this together well until fully incorporated.
- Next, mix and melt in Dairy-Free Parmesan and Mozzarella Shreds until it is fully melted and combined,
- Add the Dairy-Free Cream Cheese and smash it to break apart the cheese and incorporate it into the sauce. Mix everything together well and make sure there are no clumps of cheese left.
- To finish the sauce, add in fresh lemon juice from one full lemon and whisk everything together.
- Once the pizza crust is done baking, decorate the crust with a hearty helping of creamy cheese sauce.
- Next, decorate the flatbread all over with chopped spinach, marinated artichokes, Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds, and Feta Crumbles.
- Broil the flatbread at 500 F for 3-8 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt. Spray a small amount of water over the cheesy flatbread and continue to broil until the cheese is fully melted.
- Garnish the baked flatbread with pickled jalapeños, a drizzle of more creamy cheese sauce, and finish with chopped green onions.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Flatbread feast!